1. Avoid exercise until after the first of the year. It will make it twice as hard to take of the poundage you have put on. Or you can just continue to watch what you ingest so you don’t start the New Year with even more to tackle.
2. Vegetable plate. Avoid them and go to the party next door where they probably have creamy, fattening dips and chips. Or you can load your place with something healthy and reduce the guilt of Holiday overindulgence.
3. Drink as much eggnog as you can. It’s only 353 calories per cup. After all, it’s the holiday. And increase the amount of Rum. It makes it taste better and you won’t even remember everything you consumed – even better! Or you can have a Vodka drink or wine, and then start drinking water every other drink so you don’t act like an idiot. Plus you save the calories.
4. Mashed potatoes and gravy are a must, and load them up on your plate. Make the carb wad look like a volcano and eat it all. It will only take you one hour on your WII Fit to beat off the calories of one helping. Or you can load up on the vegetables, feel better and probably skip the Tums.
5. Do not have a snack before going to a party in an effort to control your eating. The whole point of going to a Christmas party is to eat other people’s food for free. Lots of it. Hello? Or you can drink a large glass of water with lemon in it, eat some vegetables, eat less at the gathering and feel much less guilty driving home.
6. If you come across something really good for dessert, load up. And Christmas cookies? Consider taking zip locks in your pockets so you can snack after the celebration. If you like fruitcake, and I do, eat a big slab. Six or seven miles of walking should burn off three of the tasty treats. Or you can choose to stay far, far away from the temptation and hang around something more healthy – or away from it all!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming “Wow! What a Ride!” Hunter Thompson