When we deal with difficult people we must understand that we do have the right to be wrong!! Our approach may not be what we want so checking your skills and evaluating unsatisfactory outcomes is CRITICAL or you will stay in a cronic state of being upset. Interesting, some people choose this position because it is easier!! Can you imagine?
What do you think of these five points? I think they are critical!!
- Listen! You are not trained to listen so polish the skill.
- Intent – Do you approach with the focus that you and they have a “Positive Intent” to the situation?
- Open Mind – Do you keep one or just by hearing their name closes your mind and you start conjuring a response before you even communicate with them?
- Assertive — not passive or aggressive. Do you know how to choose words so you are standing up for your rights while not violating theirs? About 3% of the people really know how to do this!
- Confidence – if you are not getting the responses, reactions and outcomes you want — check your own confidence. Does it need a little polish?
Download resources to your iPod, read The CEO of YOU: Leading YOURSELF to Success or listen to CD’s in your car — DO SOMETHING! If you live being upset with situations or other people, you have to realize YOU are the only thing that can change. Visit the success store at www.MarshaPetrieSue.com IF you choose to polish and change your skills!
Remember – “If it’s meant to be it’s up to me.” And as my dad said, “The only two helping hands you will ever have are attached to the end of your arms!”
Marsha Petrie Sue, MBA
The Accountability Master
Author of The CEO of YOU: Leading YOURSELF to Success
480 661-8756 or 1 866 661-8756
Refer Marsha for your next meeting, workshop or keynote.
“Our meeting was a tremendous success because of your keynote and concurrent workshop.
Your evaluations were ‘off the charts!'” Jan Waugh, Association of Legal Administrators.
Visit the website for booking information: www.MarshaPetrieSue.com or call