by Marsha Petrie Sue
“I’m always workin’, slavin’, every day. gotta take a break from the same old, same old”. -From the song “(don’t need) nothing but a good time” (Poison)
When people complain about living a boring life, I stand in wonderment. Life is as dynamic as you choose it to be. When people complain about hating their job, I am amazed. Why would you stay in a position that brings you angst and even anger?
Bored life? Try these!
- Volunteer – click here for Volunteer Match https://www.volunteermatch.org or email me and I will send you links to my volunteer projects
- Find a hobby – no clue? Click here and determine what might work for you –http://goo.gl/Qn29uY
- Get outside – Work on public access and animal migration projects. I love this work so email me and I’ll give you some links! Marsha@MarshaPetrieSue.com
- Get healthy – It doesn’t take much. Check out http://goo.gl/ivicLi
- Go to the library – It’s free! http://www.publiclibraries.com
- Entertain – Here are some ideas from Oprah http://www.oprah.com/food/Ideas-for-Making-Entertaining-Easy
Hate your job? Try these!
- Update your resume – Do it now! http://goo.gl/RIFvn0
- Know what you contribute – Some ideas https://goo.gl/q6A0Ue
- Develop self-awareness – Read the CEO of YOU http://goo.gl/Bs2jpk
- Start looking for a new job – http://goo.gl/8AY6f2
- Know how to interview – it’s two way http://goo.gl/OzkJhd
- Why do you hate your job? http://www.forbes.com/forbes/welcome/
Ok now – what was your excuse?
The only difference between a rut and a grave is the length and the depth. You decide if difficulty is temporary or permanent. Don’t let ‘Poison’ hold you back.
Thank you! Marsha